7pm, Thursday 18th July
St John’s Centre, St Johns St, Bury St Edmunds (almost immediately opposite our usual venue)
1. Bury Water Meadows Group (BWMG) now
2. The limitations of being an unincorporated association
3. Why change to become a formal charitable organisation?
4. What are the options?
5. What are the implications of changing?
6. Proposed objects for the future organisation
7. Proposed new BWMG constitution
8. The Resolutions : At the request of the BWMG Committee, the following
Special Resolutions are proposed:
1) That Bury Water Meadows Group apply to be registered as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) with the Charity Commission.
2) That the new Constitution be submitted with the application as the CIO governing document.
3) That once the CIO is registered and its details entered in the register of charities then the existing Bury Water Meadows Group is wound up and its assets, including its bank account are transferred to the new CIO.